Saturday, October 9, 2010

Peer Blog Review must be completed and e-mailed to your partner before Oct. 15

Sorry for only posting this morning but I was stuck on a bus to Connecticut from 4:30p.m. yesterday until 2:00 a.m. this morning due to a shooting in Danbury and my laptop would not connect to the free wifi on the bus. Can you believe it? A state trooper pulled over a stolen car, and the driver tried to shoot him. Luckily or unluckily, the state trooper was quicker and shot the driver of the stolen car. But other passengers in the car escaped and the Danbury police shut down three exits of the highway and made everyone get off in Danbury and get back on the highway three exits further. You can imagine what that looked like on a Friday night. Needless to say, I had no food or water, and some of the passengers were yelling at the driver for not taking a different route. Ohhhh...sorry, but I had to ramble about this a bit.

As I mentioned at the end of class yesterday, in a week I'll be grading your blogs. Therefore, I'm giving you a chance catch up/up date your blogs if you missed any blog assignments. But be aware, and the dates are clearly indicated on our syllabus and on the class blog, if you DID NOT post your outline for Paper#1, comment on classmates outline, post your first draft of Paper#1, and complete peer reviews, according to the Peer Review forms, of two classmates' first drafts, on time, your blog grade will be affected. These assignments- comments on outline and peer reviews of first drafts CANNOT BE MADE UP. That would make no sense as the final drafts were due yesterday.

You'll find three documents under Blog Peer Review on our class blog; the first one will indicate whose blog you must peer review, the second contains information such as blog URL, the author's e-mail, whose outline and first drafts the blog's author commented on (this info. I collected yesterday morning), and finally, a form which you, the peer reviewer must complete. If you have Google Doc. (only if you used a gmail to set up your blog) you should be able to fill out the form and save it. If you do not have access to Google Docs, check your e-mail (the one you gave me at the beginning of the term) and there you'll find all this information in Microsoft Word format. Once you complete the form, please save it on your computer and then e-mail it to the person whose blog you peer reviewed.

Let me know if you have any questions

No comments:

Post a Comment