Tuesday, March 29, 2011

the black male

how do you think black males will be viewed in the future ?

6 comments:

  1. I think the black males in the future will be viewed as strong individuals and look up as a leader and role models.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the views toward Black men would gain much more respect and equality, however, I also believe that the negative views upon them will still follow. As long as racism and prejuidice are alive, the negative views and comments will never go away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe black men will be viewed as equals who contributed to the growth of society and hopefully won't be followed by negative stereotypes for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe black men, as a whole, will continue to be viewed as jaded by their own identity, regardless of a black president. I think there are other factors are in play. I think a lot of stereotypes will continue to linger. I think that other social groups will metsaize and that black people won't be the only ones oppressed. I think that indivudal character has to be examined more rather than just broad terms

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that, in a distant future, all the stereotypes, prejudices, or negative views upon black people are bound to disappear as the world is slowly moving towards miscegenation. Some researches have shown, for example, that the purely white blue eyes blond hair Caucasians are bond to disappear because of mixed marriages. And, I think, so is the typical black person as we know it. Nowadays we're calling black, people like Barack Obama, Alicia Keys, Tiger Woods or Halle Berry, for instance, who are in fact mixed. It simply shows that the perception the common society has of what a black person is, is slowly shifting towards something new. So, ask yourself, what can possibly be the perception of a society mainly composed of mixed children, or children with some black origin, regarding black people? I have hard time believing that there will still be prejudices when a large number of people in the future will be direct (distant) descendant of people who were once called "Nigger" during their lifetime. (I'm making a generalization for black people, but it goes for all the minorities). And, if you still don't believe that the world is slowly moving towards mixed couples, or mixed children and so on... ask yourself if you will be fine with dating or having for mate someone with a different ethnicity than yours and you'll have your answer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that even though there are examples of good role models and leaders black males will still have negative views and sterotypes.

    ReplyDelete